UAE PUBLIC POLICY FORUM 2019
Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum ‐ Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council, Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government (MBRSG) holds the third edition of the UAE Public Policy Forum. In partnership with the Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Authority in UAE (FCSA), the forum will focus on the emerging accelerating dynamics for implementing the SDGs in the age of the “4th Industrial Revolution”. As a policy and knowledge platform, the forum will address policy implications, challenges, responses and future sustainable development prospects in the UAE. It will also discuss the potential policy challenges and responses in the UAE with the objective of drafting a high-level “policy roadmap” for the UAE’s 2020-2030.
Topics and Pillars
- Accelerating SDGs implementation: Future Policy Frameworks 2030
- Deep-Dive SDGs 9 and 11 – Sustainable and Resilient Cities: Opportunities and Policy Challenges to building Smart Cities
- Mainstreaming SDGs into National and Local Policies Envisioning a Policy Roadmap 2030
- Lifelong Learning, Skills Development and Enhanced Competencies for Sustainable Development
- Policy Coherence and Competitiveness – SDG 17: Accelerating Sustainable Development in National Priority Areas
Social media impressions
Sustainable Development Goals
A set of sustainability goals released by the United Nations in 2015 as a successor to the Millennium Developing Goals. Officially known as ‘Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’.
193 countries have agreed to contribute to the realization of 17 Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. The goals aim to tackle social and environmental challenges, such as climate change, promotion of clean energy, extreme poverty, gender equality and sustainable agriculture.
SDGs differ from the Millennium Development Goals in that they call on the private and public sectors, together with the signatory governments, to cooperate closely in order to tackle the most serious issues facing people and the planet.